The Thermo ScientificTM RamseyTM Model 90-150 Low Capacity Weighbelt Feeder offers accurate weighfeeding of light materials at low feed rates. Its unique design and construction features provide a consistent flow of materials, offer increased sensitivity for more accurate weighing of the lightest materials, and permit quick and easy cleaning and maintenance. These features work together to augment the performance of your process and improve your bottom line.
Precise feeding of process materials is often critical to maintaining product quality. A feeder that weighs accurately and reliably can reduce material waste, help maintain blend consistency and increase profits.
We have well over 40 years of experience designing and manufacturing weighbelt feeders. Every feeder is designed to meet the specific needs of the application. We work closely with our customers to ensure that each system meets their expectations for performance and dependability.
The Ramsey Model 90-150 low capacity weighbelt feeder is designed for weighfeeding applications with low feed rates and light belt loadingrequirements. It accommodates flow rates as low as 54 kg (120 lb) per hour up to 22,680 kg (50,000 lb) per hour, and belt loadings of 3 kg/m (2 lb/ft) to 30 kg/m (20 lb/ft).
Theory of Operation
Material is fed onto the feeder through an inlet feed section equipped with a manually adjustable vertical slide gate to control material height. The scale carriage/ weighbridge assembly measures the gravitational force of the material and converts this force measurement into an electrical output signal proportional to belt loading.
A digital speed sensor continuously monitors the belt speed. The microprocessor-based electronics integrate the two signals to produce and display a true rate and a total weight fed. The electronics also provide an output signal for control and monitoring purposes.
Micro-Tech 9105 Weighbelt Feeder Controller
The Thermo Scientific Micro-Tech 9105 Weighbelt Feeder Controller incorporates the weighing integrator and PID/P.E.I.C. control logic into one device. The weighbelt feeder controller integrates the load cell signal from a scale/weighbridge and the input from a speed sensor to provide a true weight and a total weight fed. The electronics also provide output signals, improved communication and the ability to upload and download information via USB for greater control and blending purposes.
Features and Benefits
The Ramsey Model 90-150 Low Capacity Weighbelt Feeder, with its innovative design and unique features, was developed to meet the high standards and greater accuracy demands of today’s food, chemical and process industries.
- Unique Head Pulley Configuration: The chisel-shaped pulley configuration on the discharge end of the belt provides an even, consistent flow of difficult process materials off of the belt.
- Tail Drive Arrangement: This reduces carry-side belt tensions to provide greater sensitivity for more accurate weighing of the lightest materials.
- Cantilever Design: This feature permits quick and easy belt removal for cleaning and maintenance.
- Dual Load Cell Scale: Dual load cells enable a higher degree of response to material weight variations.
- Stainless Steel Construction: Stainless steel provides improved corrosion resistance and washdown capabilities.
- Top covers
- Side covers
- Bottom covers
- Variable speed drives
- Flow/no-flow switches
- Plugged chute switches
- Class 1 and 2 rated units
- High temperature belts
- Shut-off/maintenance gates